Come work at Herban Therapies Spa, a leading boutique in our industry in the Bellevue, WA metro area. We're pleased to have a 4.0 Google rating. We are looking to hire an experienced Massage Therapist to help us keep growing. If you're hard-working and dedicated, Herban Therapies Spa is an ideal place to get ahead. Apply today!
Responsibilities and Expectations for Massage Therapist
· Greet and check in/out clients.
· Check schedules daily and complete assigned appointments.
· Maintain sterile and clean workspace including common areas
o Duties include:
- Room/bed turnover.
- Sweeping, mopping and/or steaming floors as needed; ensure floors are free of debris.
- Trash cans are taken out when needed.
- Used linens/covers are washed.
· Maintain detailed and accurate treatment records of clients.
· Evaluate clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
· Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used
· Consult with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful
· Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries or wellness maintenance
· Prepare and blend oils, and apply the blends to clients' skin
· Discuss with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians, and psychologists in order to develop treatment plans for clients.
· Recommend and upsell skincare products based on client’s needs.
· Communicate with clients of any deals, promotions and/or membership programs.
· Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions.
· Agree to non-compete agreements ie Non-solicitation of customers and employees
· Follow all company policies and procedures.
· Follow state board regulations.
· Fulfill duties and/or projects as assigned.
Qualifications for Massage Therapist
· Valid state license for massage therapy in WA (required)
· Experience working in a spa or therapy center environment preferred
· 4+ years' experience as a professional massage therapist preferred
· Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage
· Follow company dress code: solid-colored scrubs, smart casual attire, all black attire, Professional attire-yet fashion-forward, themed appropriate. No short shorts, cut offs, midriffs exposed.
· Ability to keep a well-groomed, professional appearance.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Exceptional computer skills
· Great interpersonal skills
· Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods
· Ability to perform massages on diverse clients.
· Paid training
· Opportunities for advancement
· Flexible schedule
· Employee discount
· Performance based incentive bonus’
· Team building
· Work-life balance
· Base start $16.50/hr - $18.69/hr + TIPS + commission + bonus’
· 15% commission on product sales
· $53,000 - $80k+/year
· Part-time or Full time
· T- F and some weekends
- Flexible hours
1515 116th Ave NE, Suite 109, Bellevue, WA 98004