Purchase Gift cards for Student Clinic
Visiting the Washington Spa Academy Student Clinic
Washington Spa Academy integrates a Student Clinic into the core curriculum for the Massage, Reflexology, and Esthetics programs and is an integral part of the students’ experience. Student Clinic assists students in practicing their skills, while preparing them to enter employment in their field of study.
The WSA Student Massage, Reflexology, and Esthetics Clinics operate as a traditional spa and clinic. WSA schedules appointments with the general public, providing students with hands-on experience and training under the supervision of Licensed Instructors.
The cost of our Student Clinic Massage or Reflexology appointment is $49.00.
A $5 discount is available for Military personnel, Seniors (55+yo), during your birthday month and Alumni.
Effective September 1, 2022 there is a 3% Credit/Debit Card transaction fee for any CC transaction.
WSA can no longer accept bills larger than $50.00 unless you are paying for two or more appointments.
Student Clinic appointments will be canceled if any guest arrives 15-minutes past the scheduled start time.
WSA Student Clinic guests must keep a credit card on file if they have missed more than 2 scheduled appointments without providing 24-hour notice.
Student Clinic Hours
*Appointment times will vary depending on the class size and orientation (morning or evening)
Massage Student Clinic
- AM appointment times: 8:15am, 9:30am, & 11:15am
- PM appointment times: 5:45pm, 7:10pm, & 8:55pm
Please sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates and information on our upcoming Student Massage, Student Esthetics Clinic and Reflexology Clinic.
Zero Tolerance Policy
For the safety of our staff, students, and clients, Washington Spa Academy employs a Zero Tolerance Policy.
WSA is an educational and professional setting and appropriate behavior and language are expected at all times. As students are practicing to be efficient and safe in their field of study, they are expected to act and speak professionally at all times. Clients are expected to be polite, courteous, and respectful to our students and staff.
Inappropriate behavior may include but is not limited to foul, disrespectful, racist, hateful, or sexually suggestive language or speech. Any touch that is suggestive, misleading, or sexual in any way could be considered assault and will not be tolerated. Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Violators are subject to disciplinary action.
Please notify a supervisor or school administrator to report any violators of the Zero Tolerance Policy.
Thank you for your consideration, cooperation, and support. And thank you for helping to keep everyone safe.
WSA Student Clinic Policy Updates as of September 1st 2022:
1. Washington Spa Academy employs a Zero Tolerance Policy for the safety of our staff, students,
and guests. WSA is both an educational and professional setting, therefore appropriate behavior
and language are expected at all times by both students, faculty and guests.
2. Guests are expected to be polite, courteous, and respectful to our students and staff at all times
and will be prohibited from scheduling services with students upon demonstrating an inability to
honor these expectations. Inappropriate behavior may include-but is not limited to-foul,
disrespectful, racist, hateful, or sexually suggestive language or speech.
3. Any touch that is suggestive, misleading, or sexual in any way could be considered assault and
will not be tolerated by students or guests. Please contact Director@WaSpaAcademy.com with
any concerns or complaints regarding Student Clinic operations or incidents.
4. Services at WSA will not be provided to individuals under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
5. WSA Treatment rooms will always be accessible to Instructors for “observation” purposes. WSA
Guests understand that a student may also request assistance from their instructor at any given
time throughout the 60-minutes. This policy will be enforced to ensure that all students can utilize
the support of their instructors in the Student Clinic without concern for negative feedback from
6. Guests acknowledge that they are prohibited from scheduling more than 3 appointments with one
particular student. This policy will be enforced to provide a diverse guest population to each
7. Guests acknowledge that they are prohibited from scheduling based on a student’s gender,
pronoun choice, or name. This policy will be enforced to provide a diverse guest population to
each student and to protect the identity and security of WSA Students.
8. If a guest has a religious or personal need for accommodations, this guest must request an “Clinic
Accommodations Form” from WSA. This form can be approved by the Student Clinic Supervisor
or Director and will be placed in the Guest’s file and record.
9. Guests are expected to arrive on time for their 60-Minute appointment. 50 minutes of this time is
“hands on” with the student. Time has been provided within this 60-minutes to accommodate
guests intake processing time before the service and to accommodate feedback time after the
10. Guests who arrive late for their appointment will not be provided extra time for their service and their appointment will be canceled if 15-minutes late, or more.
11. Service start times are subject to change.
12. Guests acknowledge that they are required to provide 24-hour notice to WSA in the event they
need to cancel a previously scheduled appointment.
13. Guests acknowledge that they will be required to leave a CC on file in the event they fail to
provide 24-hour cancellation notice to WSA and miss an appointment.
14. Masks will continue to be required in any Massage Service by both Student and Guest at WSA.
15. Covid screening will no longer be required when checking in for your service at WSA. This
policy is subject to change and WSA reserves the right to enforce this screening at a future time if
16. WSA will no longer print CC receipts, rather all CC or Debit Card Transactions will have an “E-Receipt” emailed to the customers email on file in Vagaro. Please be sure to update your email address to the email address that you would like to receive your receipts and appointment
17. WSA will charge 3% to all credit/debit card transactions and invoice transactions.
18. WSA maintains the right to prohibit any individual from scheduling services with WSA students. WSA Director will provide an explanation to this guest in writing within 7-business days from notification.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19:
Due to Covid-19, WSA has taken measures to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers and staff by requiring all guests and staff to follow newly identified safety standards.
PPE protocols are still in place at WSA during service. Please be cautious and stay home if you are feeling symptomatic of a cold or flu in any way.
ONLY guests with appointments or retail guests will be allowed into the school. No accompanying persons will be allowed onto campus at this time.
Masks – All guests, students and faculty are required to wear masks when receiving/performing a service in the Student Clinic.
Check-In Procedures – PLEASE ARRIVE A FEW MINUTES EARLY – The check-in process will take approximately 2-4 minutes to allow for completion of a WSA Covid-19 waiver, and Updated Policy Acknowledgment form.
CANCELLATIONS / Feeling unwell? – If you have a fever or are experiencing symptoms of the flu or Covid19 (fever, flu-like symptoms, fatigue, loss of smell or taste), have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 2 weeks, please cancel your appointment 24-hours prior to arrival.
Cleaning Procedures – WSA staff and students will take added measures to disinfect all frequently used areas, workstations and treatment rooms. We ask all guests to wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds and to use the sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
Water – We encourage all guests to bring a water bottle from home to keep hydrated during this time. WSA offers additional Tea and Water.
Personal Touch – WSA student clinics are a place to experience and feel healing through touch. During this time, we will minimize personal touches to treatments only. Please pardon us if we do not shake hands or offer hugs.
Not familiar with new guidelines? No problem, we are happy to help!
As a Covid-19 respectful business, however, if you deliberately and actively refuse to comply with these guidelines, you will respectfully be asked to leave, and your appointment will be charged for the full amount.
What to Expect as a guest in Student Clinic:
- Your appointment will be confirmed the day before your session by Vagaro scheduling software.
- You will be treated with respect and dignity.
- We will maintain your privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- You may receive a massage from one student up to Three times.
- If a student needs to cancel your appointment, you will be given a 24-hour notice and put at the top of the waiting list.
- Our equipment and supplies will be clean and safe.
- We will respect personal and professional boundaries at all times.
- You will be draped with a sheet or towel at all times during your massage, with only the parts of the body being worked on exposed at any time. Your modesty will be respected at all times.
Thank you for considering Student Massage Clinic at Washington Spa Academy.